How to Make the Most of Your Summer Fridays
It's time to start crossing things off your summer bucket list. Don't have one? Take a peek at our activity guide.
I mean, what are friends for, right?
#MAKESWEATSEXY... FO' FREE
NYC babes, drop by our Midtown location on Fridays and bring a co-worker for FREE at 1PM, 2:30PM or 4:30PM. Start practicing your twerk - we'll be here all summer long. Pro tip: get there early to make sure your +1 gets a spot.
FROZEN DRINKS...ON A ROOF.
Frozen. Booze. Roof. Three things summer was made for.
If this list of where to get the best frozen drinks around NYC isn't bookmarked on your computer, are you even doing summer right?
HIT THE POOL
Sometimes you're not in the mood to travel all the way out to the beach. We get it. Thankfully a lot of hotels in NYC have daily pool passes you can purchase so you can still get your daily recommending intake of vitamin D.
Our three faves:
...OR MAYBE SAND IS MORE YOUR THING
Here's the only guide you need to NYC beaches:
- Fort Tilden- Hipster haven. Really pretty. No lifeguards.
- Jacob Riis Park Beach- There are some abandoned buildings in the background- but like, in a cute way. Plus, there are lots of sports courts (basketball, baseball, tennis, golf, etc) if that's more your thing.
- The Rockaways - It's lit. There are so many good food options and usually a fair amount of activities going on any given weekend.
- Long Beach- You have to take the LIRR to get there, but it is ranked one of the cleanest beaches in the US.
- Coney Island- This is the OG fave. I mean, it has an amusement park boardwalk!!!!!
P.S. This shuttle will take you from LES/Williamsburg to the Rockaways. You're welcome.
BC SOMETIMES YOU NEED TO STAY IN THE AC
Museums are a great choice during they day because they are less crowded! Plus, it's kinda fun to play a tourist in your own city. May we recommend a day at The Whitney?
There's also this really hip movie theatre called Metrograph in the LES- they have gourmet food options and are always playing old movies and classic films.
Or if you'd rather just get a 10lb bag of popcorn and watch this summer's biggest blockbusters, there's always the AMC in Union Square.