Fuel Up With These Off-the-Walnut Bites
Today’s post comes from ((305)) junkie and aspiring natural chef Emily Knapp. Learn more about Emily's nutritious, whole and delicious AF recipes on her blog, The Fresh Slice!
Every badass workout requires powerful nutrition to nourish your muscles, reduce inflammation and replenish vitamins that were lost during your hot and sweaty 305 sesh. With that in mind I whipped up a power ball recipe using whole ingredients that are the perfect snack pre- or post-workout and will keep you slaying it on the dance floor.
This recipe combines nuts, seeds and dried fruit to give you a balance of protein, carbohydrates and fiber that will support your work in class, while warming spices reduce inflammation so you are ready for your next workout.
Breaking it Down:
Despite the powerful impact these balls will have on your health and workout routine, they only take a minute to make. So no excuses.
Vegan and Gluten Free
Yield: 25 balls
1 cup walnuts, chopped
1/3 cup sunflower seeds
10- 12 dates
¼ cup agave (or honey)
2 tbsp flax, ground
½ tbsp maca powder
2 tbsp hemp seeds
½ cup coconut flour
1 tbs cinnamon (more to taste)
2 tsp turmeric
Pinch of salt
(Optional: a scoop of your favorite protein powder)
- Put all ingredients in the food processor and blend until smooth and dough comes together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop into balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes until set.
- Store in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Mix it up:
- If you are looking for a more powerful protein boost add in a scoop of your favorite protein powder, preferably plain or vanilla flavored.
- Have a serious sweet tooth? Go ahead drizzle or dip these bad boys in dark chocolate for an added antioxidant boost and a guilt-free chocoholic dream.