Teach Me How To: Ballet Jacks
Hey dolls 💁, we back with a new edition of the TEACH ME HOW TO ✨📚 series.
With all the NEW-NEW choreo and music 🎶 we got rolling out, we're making sure you got the steps before your next sexy sweat sesh on the dance floor 💦..
Today, we’re breaking down the BALLET JACKS with our NYC instructor, “The Cheerleader” Danielle Carlacci 💃
- STEP 1: Start with your hands 🤗 stretched out to the sides and your feet a little wider than hips distance, apart. Put your weight towards the balls of your feet 👟.
- STEP 2: With a slight bend in the knees, start to lower your hands towards and have them cross in front of your lower pelvic area.
- STEP 3: With your weight on your toes, have a slight jump up on both feet, bringing them towards center and crossing one over the other. At the same time, cross your arms in a circular motion towards the center of your body.
- STEP 4: At the top the move, your arms should be extended overhead 🙆, and your legs crossed while you’re landing on the balls of your feet. You should be serving some Black Swan realness 👯!
- STEP 5: To jump back out of the top of the move, your arms should circulate 🔄 back out extended, and your feet go back to being wider than hips distance apart
Pro Tip 😉 - Think of this move as one where you’re constantly going in ◀️ and out ▶️ of your body’s center with your arms and leg. Like a jumping jack, you’re bringing your arms and feet in & out, and side to side (hey Ariana!).
Shin Splints a problem? Your best bet is to squeeze your glutes every time you jump up in this move. Try it! And for more exercises to fix and prevent shin splints, check out these 🍑-strengthening must-do moves.
What moves would you like us to feature in a "Teach Me How To" post? Let us know in the comments!